Here’s the tracklist, link and a superb video from Palmbomen II. A track by the electronic wizard opens the show from August 17th. Palmbomen II produces amazing ambient dance music and his videos have a retro, Twin Peaks-esque vibe. His material from 2017 can be difficult to get hold of on vinyl, so buy on sight if you can. Check below for the tracklist and link to the show after this beautiful weirdness.
There’s another track from the forthcoming Antibalas album, previewed last show, one from the Sorry Bamba reissue, plus lots of great stuff from the Invisible Inc. label following our interview with the label (click here if you missed it).
Palmbomen II – Cindy Savalas ; Zerox Dreamflesh – Squids Can Fly ; Stranger Cole and Jah Levy – I’m Living ; Lifetones – Decide ; Lifetones – Good Side ; Sceptre – Ina Dif’rent Styley ; Jon Keliehor – The Beginning Of Time ; Higamos Hogamos – Elkamonious Split ; Peter Power – Sacral Bells ; Jose Leonidas Jancidakis Arce, Mauricio Sprovieri & Renato Tupy – Da Gota Ao Oceano (Peter Power Remix) ; Higamos Hogamos – Fuzzy Majesty ; Antibalas – Hook & Crook ; Sorry Bamba – Yayoroba ; Verckys et l´Orchestre Vévé – Bassala Hot ; Mac & Party – Harambe ; Makadam & Behr – Nyako ; Louis De Meester – Incantations ; Komodo Kolektif – Djakarta 3001 (Short Version) ; Larry T and The Family – Where Does The Answer Lie ; Shoody – Tokyo Melody
Glasgow based label Invisible Inc. are going from strength to strength with a visceral blend of music and performance. Their latest EP by Peter Power is an ambient and tropical infused delight. Their DJ sets and parties showcase their heady brew and vision of dance and performance.
Komodo Kolektif – an electronic band fusing tribal sounds and gamelan percussion – are blowing up right now, with shows in Glasgow and a prospective show in London with DJ support from Andrew Weatherall.
Gamelan – a traditional musical style in Java and Bali – is practiced by a small ensemble in Glasgow ever since the city acquired a set of gamelan instruments in 1990 when it became City Of Culture. Members of the group – called Naga Mas (meaning Golden Dragon) – will be joining KK for the live shows.
World Treasures Music spoke to their label head Gordon, alias GK Machine. Click here to read the interview in the labels section.
Check Komodo Kolektif and the rest of Invisible Inc. on Bandcamp here.
Peter Power’s Awake Into Life is the latest release on Invisible Inc.
Check out the latest World Treasures Music show on Kmah Radio.
Featuring exclusive new material from the forthcoming Dimensions label, Esa’s bass rumbler on Dekmental, Balearic’s Social’s latest from Mori Ra, a jazz dancer from the newly reissued Rubén González LP, dopeness from Heavenly Sweetness’ latest Beach Diggin’ compilation and a full hour of reissues and remixes from Africa Seven.
(1) Mim Suleiman – Pole Pole (forthcoming on new Dimension label: An Introduction Part 1) (2) Universo – Umhlaba (3) Alma Negra – Onga (forthcoming on new Dimension label: An Introduction Part 1) (4) Esa & NarchBeats – Blast (ft. Pendo Zawose) (Dekmantel) (5) Komodo Kolektif – Night Of The Leyak (new on Invisible Inc.) (6) Mori Ra – Chuva (Balearic Social) (7) Ruben Gonzalez – Cumbanchero (8) Jemaa – Bob Marley (from Beach Diggin’ Volume 4) (9) O.R.E.A. – Desintegration-France (from Beach Diggin’ Volume 4) (10) Sue Barker – Love To The People (from Beach Diggin’ Volume 4)
Africa Seven feature
(11) AKA – Shake Me
(12) Pasteur Lappe – Na Real Sekele Fo Ya
(13) Ifang Bondi – Atis-A-Tis
(14) Sory Bamba – Kanaga 78
(15) African Black – Nzango
(16) Ekambi Brilliant – Africa Africa
(17) Afro National – Jokenge (IG Culture Edit)
(18) Ekambi Brilliant – Soul Castle (Silkie Edit Over Dub)
(19) M Bamina – Mosi Zole (EVM Edit Overdub)
(20) Manu Dibango – Les Cavaliers (Plaid Edit Over Dub)
(21) Bunzu Soundz – Zinabu (Moody Boyz Edit Refix)
(22) Manu Dibango – Big Blow